APEGA Career Opportunity:
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator (3 Year Term)
Location: Edmonton or Calgary
Want to be part of a team that makes a difference? Come be part of the change.
Since 1920, APEGA has been regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience to serve the public interest in Alberta.
We are looking for energetic individuals who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. You need to be committed to serving the community with integrity, accountability, and innovation, and have a desire to deliver exceptional service. If you reflect these values, have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a difference through your work, and are passionate about acting in the best interest of public safety – then come be a part of our diverse team!
Together we can help shape the present and future practices of professional engineers and geoscientists of Alberta.
Reporting to the Director, Outreach & Product Services, the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Coordinator is responsible for facilitating the successful completion of APEGA’s grant projects and APEGA’s overall equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives. This position will plan, coordinate, and host consultations and meetings with stakeholders across Alberta, ensure timely delivery of all key outcomes, and coordinate the creation of final reports and documents for publication.Other duties include, but are not limited to, preparing metrics reports utilizing statistics, and identifying trends, schedule, set up, prepare for the monthly Women in APEGA Advisory group meetings, research standards, best practices, reports, and scientific studies relevant to the undertaken initiatives, and creating resources such as presentations, training, webinars, and guidelines.
- Plan, coordinate, attend, and ensure the success of APEGA’s grant projects and the Women in APEGA Advisory Group meetings
- Document and organize information collected through consultations; Address and incorporate constructive feedback from stakeholders to improve the event or offering
- Effectively and proactively manage project activities, outcomes, and budget
- Prepare metrics reports utilizing statistics, identifying considerations, risks, and/or impacts
- Respond to customer, volunteer, member, and permit holder questions, complaints, and concerns related to APEGA’s EDI initiatives.
- Liaise with members, permit holders, APEGA staff, and the public to promote events and increase engagement in program initiatives
- Liaise with Communications department to align promotional content material with key initiatives
- Schedule, set up, and prepare for the monthly Women in APEGA advisory group meetings
- Develop resources to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace
- Research standards, best practices, reports, and scientific studies relevant to the initiatives
- Learn existing programming and identify any gaps in current offerings
- Create resources such as presentations, training, guidelines, etc. for stakeholders
- Assist the Outreach and Product Services team to support the success and improvement of all portfolios
- Actively participate in researching, developing, and implementing Outreach and Product Services initiatives
- Collaborate with the Outreach and Product Services Team to identify opportunities for innovation, improving efficiencies, and recommending improvements to the Outreach and Product Services initiatives.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes
Competencies: Exemplifying Integrity, Fostering Communication, Results Orientation, Service Excellence, Teamwork, Analytical thinking, Information Gathering and Processing, Planning and Organizing, Project Management & Writing Skills
Strong knowledge of EDI challenges, initiatives, and best practices.
Ability to work independently, under pressure, set priorities, and meet tight timelines.
Requires a strong ability to build professional and productive relationships with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders, including working with diverse groups to engage and develop consensus.
Working and theoretical understanding of project management practices.
Requires the demonstrated ability to communicate ideas with ease and clarity, and approach tasks with tact and diplomacy.
Post-Secondary education in Science, Education, Sociology, or a related field
3-5 years of relevant experience in a professional role overseeing projects and/or program related initiatives.
Equivalencies may be considered.
This position will work remotely to start and will transition to the APEGA office when appropriate and within government guidelines. Employees are required to have a designated confidential workspace at home with quality internet.
How to Apply
Closing Date: Until successful candidate is found.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, including your salary expectations, as one pdf document (file name: LastName_FirstName.pdf) to Human Resources at [email protected].
Please note, each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for. If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please ensure you send a separate submission for each competition.
We acknowledge all candidates working in their area of expertise may build their knowledge, skills, and competencies in several ways. We welcome candidates from a breadth of backgrounds, who may have equivalent skills and competencies to the ones listed above. There may be APEGA positions posted that have specific regulatory requirements, and in keeping with those requirements, APEGA will follow the guidelines that we are bound by. All candidates are considered with the objective to enhance APEGA's people and culture.
Thank you for your interest in APEGA.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.