APEGA Career Opportunity:
Applications Administrator (14-month Term)
Want to be part of a team that makes a difference? Come be part of the change.
Since 1920, APEGA has been regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience to serve the public interest in Alberta.
We are looking for energetic individuals who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. You need to be committed to serving the community with integrity, accountability, and innovation, and have a desire to deliver exceptional service. If you reflect these values, have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a difference through your work, and are passionate about acting in the best interest of public safety – then come be a part of our diverse team!
Together we can help shape the present and future practices of professional engineers and geoscientists of Alberta.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Applications Administrator, the Applications Administrator will provide knowledge and support throughout the application process and will be responsible for processing applications for membership with APEGA.
The Applications Administrator will display a strong commitment to exceptional and timely customer service to applicants during the application process and will oversee the applicant through to membership.
- Process new applications for registration including:
- Reviewing and determining initial eligibility for applications;
- Advising on course of action options for each applicant based on their individual circumstances, and in accordance with the Engineering and Geoscience Professions (EGP) Act and Board of Examiners policy;
- Determining next steps for each individual applicant;
- Preparing acknowledgment letters, emails and other written communication;
- Preparing applications for review by the Admissions Officer;
- Logging interactions in the Aptify system/send follow up emails;
- Deciding which inquiries/incidents need to be escalated to the appropriate supervisor; and
- Informing applicants of status, registration requirements and processes.
- Manage, prioritize and execute high volumes of emails, phone messages and other applicant related inquiries including in person inquiries when applicable.
- Develop strong working knowledge of the Engineering and Geoscience Professions (EGP) Act and any regulatory requirements that affect the application process.
- Manage interprovincial mobility applications into APEGA, including follow up letters and collaboration with other associations as required.
- Assist applicants with online navigation of their Applicant Portal.
- Provide excellent customer service when answering inquiries; both written and verbal within the Registration Department.
- Troubleshoot technical issues, liaise with the IT department to find resolution and track issues (follow up).
- Provide support, coverage & backup to other Registration Services staff as required.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Excellence in organization and time-management skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to provide information and advice to a diverse applicant pool.
- Strong computer and research skills.
- Ability to interact in a calm and service-oriented manner during stressful situations is required.
- Ability to interpret, research, and analyze a wide variety of source information and develop recommendations for applicants and potential applicants based on individual circumstances.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people to build and maintain strong working relationships with a high degree of demonstrated professionalism.
- Ability to work independently, and within a team, with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Post-secondary diploma in a related field.
- 3-4 years of administrative experience in a customer contact setting, providing first line inquiry support combined with experience providing rationale on processes or services in a customer oriented/professional environment.
- Some exposure to environments that have legislative or regulatory authorities will be considered an asset.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and/or various databases or systems is required.
- Strong communication and language skills is required.
- Equivalencies may be considered.
How to Apply
Closing Date: Until successful candidate is found.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, including your salary expectations, as one pdf document (file name: LastName_FirstName.pdf) to Human Resources at [email protected].
Please note, each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for. If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please ensure you send a separate submission for each competition.
We acknowledge all candidates working in their area of expertise may build their knowledge, skills, and competencies in several ways. We welcome candidates from a breadth of backgrounds, who may have equivalent skills and competencies to the ones listed above. There may be APEGA positions posted that have specific regulatory requirements, and in keeping with those requirements, APEGA will follow the guidelines that we are bound by. All candidates are considered with the objective to enhance APEGA's people and culture.
Thank you for your interest in APEGA.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.