APEGA Career Opportunity:
Want to be part of a team that makes a difference? Come be part of the change.
Since 1920, APEGA has been regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience to serve the public interest in Alberta.
We are looking for energetic individuals who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. You need to be committed to serving the community with integrity, accountability, and innovation, and have a desire to deliver exceptional service. If you reflect these values, have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a difference through your work, and are passionate about acting in the best interest of public safety – then come be a part of our diverse team!
Together we can help shape the present and future practices of professional engineers and geoscientists of Alberta.
Reporting to the Admissions Manager, the Admissions Reviewer is responsible for review and analysis of applications for enrolment or registration with APEGA. The role provides routing and recommendations to subject matter experts related to the academic and experience qualifications.The role will act in a quality management capacity to help to ensure that the Board of Examiners (BOE) have completed a thorough review of applications for enrolment or registration. The role provides expertise across Registration as a senior member of the team, including assisting in business areas, participating in process improvement activities, providing assessment and feedback to leadership on challenge areas. The role helps to ensure that considerations on applications are consistent with legislation, policy and upholding the public’s interests.
- Reviewing applications to ensure that they are in a form acceptable to the Registration Executive Committee (REC), are fully completed, that the applicant meets the eligibility requirements for one of the categories of membership in the association
- Denying an application for re-evaluation when an Applicant does not meet the eligibility requirement for re-evaluation
- Analyzing an applicant’s academic credentials, postgraduate documentation, English language competencies, exam results, experience records, claimed competencies, reference/validator information, previous applications, against the requirements for registration or enrolment. Using the analysis to determine the best routing for the application.
- Sending reference questionnaires to referees for validation and reviewing the completed form to ensure that the questionnaires were completed properly
- Reviewing applications for Professional Licensee to ensure that they are in a form acceptable to the Registration Executive Committee (REC), are fully completed, that the applicant meets the eligibility requirements
- Analyzing the proposed scope of practice and where required recommend a scope that is more appropriate to the applicant’s practice
- Evaluating the BOE case notes and the applicant’s credentials to determine if an error was made in the consideration of the application. Where appropriate, recommend to the Admissions Manager a case for reconsideration.
- Evaluating whether the applicant has sufficient grounds to request a re-assessment
- Making decision if an application for re-evaluation should be declined. Communicating to the applicant why there were no just reasons for the re-evaluation.
- Procession and reviewing application for re-evaluation to ensure that they are in a form acceptable to the Registration Executive Committee (REC), are fully completed, that the applicant meets the eligibility requirements for one of the categories of membership in the association
- Referring applications, in whole or in part, to an Admissions Officer, appropriate members of the RC or REC for review. This will include providing a summary of the application details and the reason(s) for the re-evaluation.
- Reviewing case notes, recommendations and motions prepared by non-professional staff who undertake application case note preparation to ensure a defensible description of the recommendation and proposed course or action
- Participation in subcommittees to present the Admissions Team's perspective and requirements
- Requesting additional information from applicants to ensure a thorough and fair review.
- Responding to inquiries from applicants regarding their status, decision letters and questions about their application decision. This involves explaining application processes, Board policy on how their outcome was arrived at. This includes discussing options on resolving outstanding issues with their application. Diffuse the emotional nature of the inquiries with clear explanations.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Core competencies: exemplifying integrity, fostering communication, results orientation, service excellence, and teamwork
- Functional competencies: analytical thinking, attention to detail, initiative, legislation and compliance, and problem solving
- Specialized knowledge of the EGP Act and APEGA BOE policies for Professional Licensee registration requirements, including knowledge of engineering and geoscience practices and language, for the development of Defined Scopes of Practice (DSOP).
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office (word, excel, power point and outlook), internet browsers and database software (Aptify).
- Ability to investigate and problem solve registration issues, follow up on missing information, with a high attention to detail around applicant information.
- Ability to relay information in the registration process to applicants so they understand their responsibilities and how the process works.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to influence others through explanation of registration legislation and BOE policies, with excellent communication, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with databases, and navigate through these to check information, input information and or to develop reports
- Proficiency in English grammar for the development of Professional Licensee defined scopes of practice
- Post-secondary diploma in a related field
- 5 years of progressively responsible senior administrative experience in a setting providing advice or carrying out administrative processes to support compliance with policies, procedures and acts.
- Experience interpreting policy and legislative guidelines is required.
- Some exposure to environments that have legislative or regulatory authorities will be considered an asset.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and/or various databases or systems is required.
- Strong communication and language skills is required.
- Equivalencies may be considered.
- This position will work remotely to start and will transition to the APEGA office when appropriate and within government guidelines. Employees are required to have a designated confidential workspace at home with quality internet.
How to Apply
Closing Date: Until successful candidate is found.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, including your salary expectations, as one pdf document (file name: LastName_FirstName.pdf) to Human Resources at [email protected].
Please note, each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for. If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please ensure you send a separate submission for each competition.
APEGA implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination protocol as of September 16, 2021. Upon return to the office, agency contractors and staff alike must be fully vaccinated.
We acknowledge all candidates working in their area of expertise may build their knowledge, skills, and competencies in several ways. We welcome candidates from a breadth of backgrounds, who may have equivalent skills and competencies to the ones listed above. There may be APEGA positions posted that have specific regulatory requirements, and in keeping with those requirements, APEGA will follow the guidelines that we are bound by. All candidates are considered with the objective to enhance APEGA's people and culture.
Thank you for your interest in APEGA.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.