APEGA hires new Manager, Internationally Educated Graduates Integration and Liaison
Guillermo Barreiro, P.Eng., understands what it takes for internationally-educated graduates (IEGs) to become licensed engineers or geoscientists in Alberta. He came to Canada from Columbia in 2001 and earned his P.Eng. in 2007.
In his role as APEGA’s Manager, Internationally Educated Graduates Integration and Liaison, Guillermo will help IEGs navigate the road to professional licensure.
His duties include
- Meeting with IEGs one-on-one and in group sessions to help them understand the registration process.
- Offering advice on how to best structure applications for quick processing.
- Helping interpret application results.
- Meeting with immigrant servicing agencies and employers to explain the registration process.
- Helping APEGA registration staff with IEG applications.
APEGA is the first professional body in Alberta and first engineering regulator in Canada to hire a staff member to work specifically with IEGs.
Guillermo joined APEGA on July 16. He has a BSc in Electrical Engineering, an MSc in Computer Engineering and ten years of experience in Columbia and Canada.
If you are an internationally educated graduate requiring assistance in becoming a licensed engineer or geoscientist, please contact Guillermo at 1-800-661-7020 or email email@example.com to make an appointment.
Upcoming available dates at the Calgary APEGA Office
Tuesday, Aug. 28
Tuesday, Sep. 11
Friday, Sep. 28
Watch Global News Video